The primary functions of a school is teaching and learning. There are important responsibilities for learning which are expected from students. These begin with the consideration shown to other students and to teachers in the classroom learning situation, and extend to the expectation that scheduled lesson times and school facilities will be used in the best possible manner.
Finally there is an understanding that there must be a proper and productive use of homework sessions There is a requirement not only that students aim to achieve the highest standard of which they are capable, but also that they learn to organise time effectively for additional practice, revision and the researching and writing of assignments.
All Students of Hope Christian College must pledge they will at all times uphold the School’s standards of Christian Conduct.
I will abstain from the use of:
• Tobacco, alcohol and narcotics (Any use of these or related items is an immediate expulsion).
• Profane or indecent language (Swearing, critical or derogatory remarks of any nature are not acceptable conduct).
• Physical violence. (No fist fighting, physical contact or physical bullying).
That I will not willfully:
• Damage property. (This includes your own personal items, and property belonging to other students or staff, or school property).
• Engage in destructive criticism or uncooperative conduct including gossiping.
• Students must respect each other’s and staff’s confidentiality (Comments are not allowed to be negative or derogatory of anyone).
• Behave improperly in relation to others. (This covers behaviour such as dating relationships, physically hugging of anyone, etc. No in school dating permitted. We feel that belongs to parents ).
And that I will endeavour at all times:
• To be kind and courteous.
• To comply with school rules and willingly obey those in authority.
• To be Honest regardless of the cost.
• To dress, speak and conduct myself as benefits a member of Hope Christian College